Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Propp goes from left wing to right wing

Brian Propp, the former All-Star left winger for the Philadelphia Flyers, has announced that he will be running for the New Jersey State Assembly as a Republican in the 7th District.

How do you write about a situation you never in a million years thought would happen? This is the predicament I have found myself in since the announcement.

As I mentioned previously, Propp is my favorite hockey player of all-time. The problem is that, much to my parents' chagrin, I'm not anything close to a Republican. I'm just incredibly thankful that I don't live in the 7th District and am spared the agony of voting against him.

Note: Click on this link for the Burlington County (NJ) Republican Party. They're "announcement" of Propp running for office is a copy-and-paste job of the article from the Philadelphia Inquirer. They couldn't even come up with someone to write a press release for them. I do give them credit, though, for at least linking the original article and giving credit to Cynthia Burton, the Inquirer reporter who wrote the article.

No comments: